March 1, 2023, yet another draw #242 declared by the IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada). 667 aspirants received an invitation to apply for Canada PR. Here is the result of the rounds of invitations,
|Date and time of round||March 01, 2023, at 17:24:39 UTC|
|Number of Invitations||667|
|CRS score Cut-off||748|
|Immigration Program||Provincial Nominee Program|
|Tie-breaking Rule||December 12, 2022, at 10:48:12 UTC|
ABOUT THE LATEST CANADA PR DRAW
- The draw is declared on the first day of the month, this may raise the possibility that just like the previous month we may see three draws this month as well.
- Draw #242 invited 667 candidates who a valid express entry. This is an exclusive draw for provincial nominee applicants. Only those aspirants who have received the ITA (invitation to apply) and who have received the nomination from any of the Canadian provinces (except Quebec).
- The CRS cut-off announced for the draw was 748 points; it means, even those aspirants who have a CRS score of just 148 points will get the nominations out of this PNP draw. Because as per the Canada immigration and express entry rules, 600 CRS points will be added straight away to those applicants’ express entry profiles that have been nominated from any province.
- This is the second consecutive draw under the Provincial Nominee Program for the year 2023.
- As compared to the Last Draw #241, this draw’s cut-off decreased by 43 points. Whereas, 32 fewer invitations have been issued too.
EXPRESS ENTRY DRAWS – January to March 2023
|Draw #||Date||Immigration Program||Invitations||CRS|
|242||March 1, 2023||Provincial Nominee Program||667||748|
|241||February 15, 2023||Provincial Nominee Program||699||791|
|240||February 2, 2023||Federal Skilled Worker||3,300||489|
|239||February 1, 2023||Provincial Nominee Program||893||733|
|238||January 18, 2023||No Program Specified||5,500||490|
|237||January 11, 2023||No Program Specified||5,500||507|
|Total Invitations in 2023||16,559|
The year 2022’s Express Entry Draws
- Last year the situation of Canada PR draws was far different from the present scenario.
- During the same period last year, the world was recovering from the detrimental impact of the Wuhan COVID–19 pandemic.
- As a result, the Canadian government decided to focus on only the PNP immigration program to control the number of new immigrants’ numbers. So from September 2021 to June 2022, only provincial nominee draws took place.
- This when the total number of invitations cross the 16K benchmark whereas, last year it was just 4627 invitations.
EXPRESS ENTRY DRAWS – January to March 2022
|217||March 2, 2022||Provincial Nominee Program||1,047||761|
|216||February 16, 2022||Provincial Nominee Program||1,082||710|
|215||February 2, 2022||Provincial Nominee Program||1,070||674|
|214||January 19, 2022||Provincial Nominee Program||1,036||745|
|213||January 5, 2022||Provincial Nominee Program||392||808|
|Total Invitations in 2022||4627|
CRS score range and candidates wise distribution in Express Entry pool as of March 1, 2023
|CRS Score Range||Number of Candidates|
The table shows the latest numbers of active Express Entry profiles. As per the analysis, if within a couple of weeks, IRCC will declare any PNP-based draw then most of the applications will be cleared. However, in between the duration if some other provinces may be invited skilled workers then only this number will be increased. Another probability is that now the next draw either invites only federal skilled workers to balance the draw pattern. If it will happen that then there are likely chances that the next draw probably declares between 487 to 489 CRS Score.
For the past 6 to 7 years the craze of moving to Canada is exceptionally high. One of the major reasons was the ease of applying and frequent draws. However, the pandemic affect the system lot, and due to that genuine applicants suffered a lot. They have invested a huge amount in the preparation of language tests. Applied for the ECA and did everything to reach the desired CRS score. However, due to the pandemic, they lost precious time and now losing their patient too.
Leave a Reply